You are here
How to Make a Dorset Button Brooch (a very simple tutorial)
So, my iPhoto crashed this week, and in the process of completely reorganizing my bloated photo inventory, I found this little brooch. It's from something I worked on earlier this year, and forgot all about.
But it's actually kinda cute, isnt' it? It would look nice on a knit hat or scarf. Here's the simplest of tutorials for how to make it.
The Harder Part:
1. Make six Dorset buttons, using my tutorial from a while back. You'll need five smaller ones and one larger one.
The Super Easy Part:
2. Arrage the five smaller buttons in a circle, so they all touch at the edges.
3. Glue the larger button over the center of the smaller buttons. Let the glue set.
4. Cut a couple of felt leaves, if you like, and glue them on the back of the flower. Glue a circle of felt over the back as well, to cover up the center.
5. Glue on a pin back. And voila!
If you make one, I'd love it if you shared a photo in the CraftyPod Reader Projects Flickr Pool!